Saturday, November 7, 2009

Haunted Manor Set

I've finally finished the long process of my volunteer work with CEP Youth Leadership's Haunted Manor. I worked on all of their illustration and design work (which I showed some of earlier), but I also helped design, create, run, and act in the house. Here are some fun pictures for you all to see!
This was the mausoleum created entirely by Libby Kollor and me (with the help of some high schooler minions to fill large areas ^_^). The little scull sculpture was all me, and was inspired by a church I visited in Germany. I know it's very hard to see in the blue light... but I'll survive!

I also made a room we called the "black and white" room. Black walls with stripes of white duct tape one inch apart going in all different directions (and costumes to match for a weird creepily moving room when the strobe came on in complete darkness)! -also created with the help of minions.
I actually got a lot of compliments when I was acting. I mean, I would hope that I can act better than most of the volunteer middle and high schoolers... but I can be happy I did a good job! If I had a video, I would show you... but I did do my own makeup every night!

Here is a picture of me with my mother who also volunteered so much from her life to this project (I learned so much from her! ::sniff sniff:: Such a wonderfully creepy- at least on Halloween- woman!). People were amazed at how well I took after her. This is Halloween night's show. I'm a creepy bride. My story was not that I was dead, but more so that I just went crazy and ate my husband during our wedding ceremony because he made me cry. Silly men. So I was sort of a bipolar, greedy, cannibal bride who hasn't noticed how messy she has become!

All in all, Haunted Manor was a great success! We actually GAINED money (which we were not expecting) so it will really help out this company to make a better community for the youth in the area. Everything was beautiful, everyone worked hard, everyone had fun. If you didn't get to see it, I feel sorry for you... but there's always next year! Just ask me for more information in the beginning of next fall and I will be happy to send you in the right direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment